Olá! I’m Doug Perin. Friends call me Duke. I’m originally from Porto Alegre, Brazil, which qualifies me as a gaucho – although you won’t find me slurping mate or roaming the Pampas on horseback.
Hiking is my passion. I am lucky to call Florence my home (for now). This is one of the most beautiful and fascinating cities I’ve encountered in my short but fruitful life of wander. There is much too see and learn here, but Tuscany and Italy abound with options for those who are willing to explore beyond.
Through this blog, I hope I can offer you a glimpse of the wonders that await you here.
- Hiking through the Montalbano: historical towns, roasted chestnuts and great wine
- Passo della Futa: gorgeous scenery and an eternal reminder
- The (not so) SO.F.T. trail system in the Mugello: a hike in the majestic Tuscan Apennines
- Exploring the lush north side of Monte Pisano: an easy hike along the Aqueduct Road
- A gentle walk along the banks of the Arno: seeing Florence from a different angle